Bethelem Chapel, founded in 1391, is located on the north side of Bethelem square. The Chapel was built by the reformist preacher Milic of Kromeriz for sermons in the Czech language. Master Jan Hus, the Husite leader preached there between 1402 – 1412 and made it his own for the next decade or so, after becoming rector of the Carolinum in 1402. Filling the chapel on a regular basis, he favoured the teachings of English reformist John Wyclif, also translating his "Trialogus" into Czech. By 1410, however, the local synod had demanded that Wyclif’s work be burned, while Hus himself, who continued to openly defend Wyclif, was excommunicated that same year. Later imprisoned and then expelled from Prague, Hus eventually returned in 1415 to appear before the Council of Constance. Providing a full account of his doctrine, the Church failed to show any leniency, whereupon Hus was tried, condemned and burnt at the stake for his beliefs.
In 1786 it was pulled down. In the years 1950 - 1952 a replica of the original chapel was erected on the site (architect J. Fragner).